We were honoured to Partner with Scotiabank to host our first Cannabis Forum, showcasing Canada and Australia's leading cannabis companies including:
- Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED, NYSE: CGC)
- MediPharm Labs (TSX: LABS)
- Village Farms International Inc (TSX: VFF)
- Canopy Rivers (TSXV: RIV)
- Khiron Life Sciences Corp (TSXV: KHRN)
- Cann Group Limited (ASX: CAN)
- Auscann Group Holdings (ASX: AC8)
- Althea Group Holdings (ASX: AGH)
- Australian Natural Therapeutics Group
- Emerald Clinics
- Australian and Canadian companies are predominantly focussed on separate markets
- Canadian companies are primarily targeting recreational cannabis and hemp CBD markets (such as consumer products & brands, cosmetics and natural health products), whereas Australian companies are strictly focussed on servicing domestic and international medicinal markets (pharmaceutical and biotech).
- Quality standards (GMP in Australia compared with GPP in Canada) will play a pivotal role in the global excess (& shortage) in supply of cannabis and cannabis-based medicines.
- We are at the early stages of a globally emerging industry with many aspects under the broad classification of medicinal and recreational cannabis.
- Althea is one of the key leaders in the burgeoning patient access market for medicinal cannabis, and is poised to capitalise on the strong growth domestically and internationally.
- Cann Group remains one of the key leaders in cultivation, having completed near 50 harvests and is on track for their Mildura facility completion end of CY’2020.
Althea Group ASX: AGH – Josh Fegan
- Althea is one of the key leaders in the burgeoning patient access market for medicinal cannabis, and is poised to capitalise on the strong patient growth.
- AGH currently has ‘well over’ 2,000 patients, and CEO Josh Fegan reaffirmed the target of 4,000 patients by the end of the calendar year.
- The UK market is still in the early phase of adoption, Althea has supplied more than ~12 prescriptions, of a market that currently consists of only ~50 – 60 patients.
- AGH is set to establish 3 clinics under the ‘MyAccess’ brand across the UK, along with the granting of their bulk import permit, AGH will have the capacity to add thousands of patients within months.
LINK TO Presentation: Althea Presentation
CANN Group ASX: CAN | Medicinal Cannabis Industry Australia – Peter Crock
- The Australian Federal Government is required to review legislation every 2 years. The recent review from 5th September, will reduce barriers to obtaining licences in the industry. However, the ODC ‘queue’ for permitting remains, and companies are not able to ‘jump the queue’ through ‘Major Project Status’ (MPS).
- CAN is closer to 50 harvests, and will continue to ‘test’ export pathways to Canada with the current inventory. CAN has broken ground at the Mildura site, but will be seeking to redesign the layout of the facility, and have the site fully operational end of calendar year 2020.
- The funding requirement remains the key uncertainty and CAN reaffirmed the debt facility with ‘a major Australian bank’, emphasising that it was ‘great to see some of the big names coming to the table’.
- CAN continues to leverage the experiences from North America, and their facility will effectively be the 4th in the series of ‘Sky Class’ facilities designed by their strategic investor Aurora Cannabis (Aurora Larssen Projects) (TSX: ACB).
LINK TO Presentation: Cann Presentation
Feel free to contact Alex Smith on 03 9114 7408 to discuss further and be added for future distribution.